Fortress Biotech, Inc. (“Fortress”) is seeking applicants for our Assistant Controller position.
Fortress is an innovative biopharma company focused on efficiently acquiring, develop and commercializing/monetizing promising therapeutics. Since 2015, Fortress has licensed or acquired over 60 drugs and drug candidates with our core model centered around business development driving expansion for our portfolio and partner companies.
Fortress is looking for a hard-working, motivated, and self-starting individual to join the Finance and Accounting Department and add to an already fast-paced and exciting atmosphere.
The position will be located in Waltham, MA, and reports to the VP, Finance and Corporate Controller.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable standards to include:
- Manage quarter and year-end close activities for Fortress and partner companies, including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, consolidation, and preparation of financial statements
- Support all SEC reporting to ensure timely and accurate preparation of quarterly 10Qs, annual 10K and other required filings
- Lead migration of current financial software to cloud-based platform Maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely production of internal and external financial statements
- Manage accounts payable department
- Support transactions and projects such as clinical trials, acquisitions and systems implementations for Fortress & partner companies
- Coordinate year-end audit planning and quarterly reviews with external auditors
- Oversee SOX compliance, including process narratives and SOX documentation with outside SOX consultant
- Organize documentation for tax compliance in partnership with external tax consultants
- Provide direct support to the Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
- Accuracy of all close-related work products, including journal entries, reconciliations, account roll-forwards and analytics
- Timely quarterly and year end close processes and financial reporting
- Supervise the accounts payable manager, including monitoring and appraising performance, setting goals and objectives and providing development
- Identify and lead migration of accounting software
- Support the preparation of accurate U.S. GAAP and SEC compliant financial statements
- Perform P&L, balance sheet and cash flow analytics with comparatives to prior year and budgets; identify and communicate any areas of concern
- SOX compliance
- Assist with due diligence, accounting and integration for M&A transactions
- Serve as point of contact for external auditors; manage quarterly reviews, year-end financial audits, SOX controls testing and other audit initiatives
- Provide support for tax filings, tax provisions and other statutory filings
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong knowledge of current US GAAP
- Working knowledge of cloud-based business management software (Microsoft Dynamics, Sage Intacct, Net Suite); implementation experience a plus
- Experience working for a publicly traded company
- Detail-oriented; problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and operate with a sense of urgency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- SEC reporting experience a plus
- Biotech/pharma experience required
- Problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Team player
This is an entrepreneurial, high growth, fast paced, and small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a scientifically led and data driven work environment is critical.
Compensation is commensurate with experience to include base salary, bonus potential and an attractive benefits package.
Fortress Biotech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.Assistant Controller
Location: Waltham, MA Office: Apply Now